A Blog About This Crazy Thing We Call LIFE...

In other words, this blog is about everything. At first thought, I wanted this blog to about major events in our lives and our children's lives. But I think it is going to be a blog catch-all. We'll see... I'm still quite new at all of this and a little unsure of the direction I want to take. I know I want it to be fun, silly, and an information venue about our kids. If you have ideas, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and enjoy!



Saturday, April 3, 2010

March 31, 2009

I took half a day off of work today to enjoy some quality time with the girls and Chris. That actually means Chris was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of having the girls by himself all day everyday this week. He kept begging me to take a day off. He begged so much I finally felt sorry for the old bloke and took most of today. (School was closed this week for spring break and Chris took a few days off to spend time with them and have "Daddy Day Care" week as he calls it.)

First, we went to the Greenville Children's Museum. If you haven't been, it is a must see. We had a great time with all of the exhibits, including the new "Blue Man Group" exhibit. Reagan's favorite activities were the Super-sized Lite-Brite and the Water Area for Toddlers. Maddy loved the Market and the Big Kid Water Area (which was also Chris' favorite, I believe).

After the museum, we walked next door to the library to get Maddy her first library card. However, the rules have changed. Kids now have to be five years old. We thought you just had to be able to write your name. Anyway, she was heart-broken. I was hoping she would start crying and the librarian would feel sorry for her but neither happened. Only a few months until she's five, though. (BIG, BIG sigh) My baby is going to be five years old...

After we showered our children with culture, we went to Trio downtown to eat an early dinner. We were starting to feel like really good parents until Reagan began screaming for bread, Maddy starting screaming to go to the bathroom (because she didn't want to sit still), and Chris starting screaming because everyone else was screaming. Just kidding- about the Chris screaming part. Not about the kids. They actually did scream. A lot. There was a lot of screaming. I was delighted to know the only other occupied table in the restaurant was by a bunch of teenagers. And I always feel as if I am doing a community service when my kids are terrible and I'm surrounded by teenagers. I feel like a spokeswoman for birth control.

This parenthood stuff is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment