A Blog About This Crazy Thing We Call LIFE...

In other words, this blog is about everything. At first thought, I wanted this blog to about major events in our lives and our children's lives. But I think it is going to be a blog catch-all. We'll see... I'm still quite new at all of this and a little unsure of the direction I want to take. I know I want it to be fun, silly, and an information venue about our kids. If you have ideas, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and enjoy!



Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

April 4th, 2010

The joy of having children includes the inability to sleep late. At all. Never. Ever. Maddy woke up at 6:30am wanting to know if the "bunny" came. I think deep down she had her doubts about the level of obedience necessary to bring the Easter Bunny to her house. I think she was wondering if she had done enough to actually put herself on the "Easter Nice List". Thank goodness for Reagan she made it by default because of her age. Whew! Give her a few more years and she will be a pistol!

To make things worse, I had to make the girls wait until their daddy arrived home from work (TORTURE!) so he could see their cute little faces when they got their Easter baskets. Poor Maddy! She was sweating bullets by the time Chris finally got home. She even resorted to peeking through the key hole in the living room door. You should have seen the relief (and joy) on her face when she saw TWO Easter baskets sitting there on the floor!

Reagan was like a little tornado tearing through everything. It didn't take her long to figure out the eggs had candy inside- that girl had jelly beans everywhere. And when I finally told her "No More Candy, Reagan Brooke" she laid in the floor and cried. Real tears. But she had quite a morning eating chocolate bunnies, marshmallows and jelly beans.


"Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakqual" movie was Maddy's favorite thing. We had to watch it right away while we went through the rest of her basket. She also got some finger nail polish, coloring books, wall stickers and lots of chocolate. Too much chocolate, actually. More than she will ever eat so you know what that means- about 10 lbs on the scale I am definitely blaming on water weight! Ha! Ha! Happy Hippity Hoppity Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment